- Don't be afraid to admit your mistakes and make the necessary corrections. Who do you respect more - someone who thinks they're always right, or someone who is humble enough to admit when they're wrong?
- I made a mistake. Soba doesn't really suck
- If you do use the handicapped bathroom, try to avoid hitting that big green button. Let's just say that if you do, an alarm will sound and people will come running to see if you're ok. Can be quite embarrassing. Not that I'd know...
- Study Japanese. Not only does being able to read and communicate make life easier, but it's also a confidence boost. And it will help you with your job.
- Start a blog! Chances are you'll do so anyway, but send me the link and I'll keep an eye on it.